
I did it! I made it back to the pool yesterday! It was so nice to get into the pool and exercise again. We didn't stay as long, but it was really nice to be there! After the pool Lisa and I went to do the sauna at Roland and Nanette's. I don't know if I have mentioned that they bought a home that they are having to completely remodel. Yesterday when we got there they were working on the walls in the dining room. They are having to take off layer after layer of wall paper, to get down to the bare walls, which is lath and plaster. It was really cute, even their youngest who is not even 3 was having fun working on the wall. She was doing pretty good getting old wallpaper off.
Lisa and I decided to go to lunch. I took her to the Hamilton Family Restaurant. Which she really enjoyed and wanted to bring her husband back to. To Grandpa and I the food is not the best, tho they have good french fries. I would like to taste their desserts, and pies. We hear they are very good. Anyway we found out that all these restaurants around here that we think are just so - so, are places the people who are from this area really enjoy. It is just the way people like things done here. For me, give me my Lone Star Steakhouse, Village Inn, Golden Corral and I will be happy. But none of these are close by. I did see a Golden Corral in Hannibal, which is about 70 miles away. I haven't been able to find a Village Inn close to us. The Lone Star is about 3 hours away on our way to St Louis, near the airport. An hour away in Quincy we do have an Applebee's and Ruby Tuesday's, and a TGI Friday's. You would think that they would have a Olive Garden, but the nearest Olive Garden is 2 1/2 hours north of us! We do have a Subway, and a Dairy Queen right here in Hamilton which is nice. ("I'm only here for the food." LOL)
When I got home, I noticed that while I was gone Jacob & Tally had been here and they happened to be here when someone had come to drop something by. I felt bad that I missed them and hoped that they would stop by on their way home. Sure enough they did! It was great to visit with them! They had bought a kennel for Buster. Buster really liked it! Maggie sure enjoyed the time she able to spend with her Mommy and Daddy.
It was so pretty outside yesterday! Today is supposed to be another good day. The temperature is forecasted to get up to 70 degrees! That will be nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment