


Good morning family. Again I am typing in the blog and Grandpa is getting ready for work. Buster is waiting for Grandpa to go out to make breakfast so that he can get something to eat too. Buster loves to eat. We found out that he loves raisins. So I keep raisins close by so that I can give him a treat. But I have to be careful not to give him too many, so we limit him to just 3 raisins at a time.I finally started to feel better yesterday afternoon. It is so nice to be able to be up and doing things again.
Jacob and Tally stopped by yesterday on their way to go grocery shopping at Walmart. They dropped Maggie off so that she could have more time here to prepare her for when she will be staying when Tally has her surgery. Maggie and Buster did really well. They played together, and at one point each were sitting on a chair in the living room waiting for Grandpa to come home. Maggie was sitting on the blue chair, the one that matches the couch. Buster was sitting on the mauve recliner chair. It was really cute.
I spent time on the computer in the office looking up names of ancestors that may have come thru Nauvoo. After a short time Grandpa suggested that I go into our room and use the laptop so that my legs wouldn't swell so much. When I tried to get back onto the site using my laptop, it kept kicking me back out. It did this again and again. Then I remembered Sister Biesk, the same sister who gives me a ride to church on Sunday, has been called to help people with problems with this site. So I gave her a call and she walked me thru a few steps and we were able to figure out what the problem was! I have a lot of things I want to check on. Some things listed there really need to be researched out! Today I am hoping to have the chance to take the names of those that I think came here to Nauvoo, and go to the Lands and Records Office in Nauvoo and get some information on them. Glenda, my VT who comes here on Tuesdays to help me out, is going to go to the Temple today to do baptisms for the dead. She said that she could drop me off at the Lands and Records office on her way. I am really looking forward to doing this!
Grandpa is going to be working on Riser Boot Shop today. There was a list taped on the wall and when they took the list down it pulled the paint off with the tape, so he needs to repair and paint the wall, he also needs to paint the handrail and the stairs and to oil the floor, and he needs to do some touch-up throughout the building. There is always alot of work for Grandpa to do each day, and he loves it!
No comments:
Post a Comment