Friday, March 5, 2010

Here it is another morning. Grandpa and I found out yesterday that neither one of us are over whatever "bug" that has gotten hold of us. We ended up going to bed early last night.

Grandpa went to work yesterday and worked on the Lucy Mack Smith home. He said that there is so much more work to be done in the house. He will be working there again today. One of the things that he found as he was checking out things, is that a big part of the bottom of the side door is all rotted out! So that is going to have to be fixed.

After work yesterday Grandpa went to have a key made at Walmart. While there he decided to have the car oil and lubed. He said that we were 2000 miles over what we sould have been. For us to drive that much means it has been quite awhile since it was done.

We decided to have Grandpa pick up one of our favorite quick dinners. He stopped at "First Wok", and got their Chicken and Mushrooms. It was yummy as usual.

After dinner we watched "NCIS" on the laptop and then we went to bed for the night.

Yesterday, I looked online to see if I could find information on my great, great, great, grandfather. I had heard so many contradictory stories, that I wanted to find something that was documented. I found a first hand account written by William McClure Lemon. It was really neat to read this account. One thing that was interesting as I was looking, is that the last name Lemon was spelled three different ways in other things I looked up! It was spelled, Leamon, Lemmon, and of course the way it is supposed to be spelled, Lemon. Maybe it changed to our spelling of Lemon, about then. I think that I only have records back to William McClure's father, and maybe that is why. I will have to do some more research.

Today I go to the pool. I am really looking forward to that. I miss when I don't get there to exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment