
Yesterday was a great day! We worked on the program in the morning. We found a picture from the Ensign that we thought would be perfect. Our theme for Sacrament mtg was going to be about the Holy Ghost. The picture we chose was of the olive branch with olives on it (the olive branch, symbolizes peace, and in this instance meaning the peace the Spirit brings). With the quote under it: "When my witness did come, it wasn't huge or overwhelming, but I'll never forget it. It was sweet and personal and very peaceful." Well to us we thought it would be perfect. The brother who hands out programs asked me why I put a branch with olives on it because it is Spring, so it should have blossoms on it, because it wouldn't have fruit until the fall. I tried to explain that, it was just a picture that went so well with the theme of Sacrament mtg. Then after church two women from the ward were talking and one speaks up, "So does anyone know what the twig means?" I ask, "What twig?" She says "the twig on the program" Then it dawns on me, "the olive branch!" So then I proceded to explain the thought behind the olive branch and why we chose that picture. I never realized what a disturbance something so small could make. Hmmm.... I don't know what to say about that!
I attended all the block mtgs yesterday. After church I stayed and waited for Grandpa to finish up all his Bishopric stuffs and then we went over and visited with Jacob and Tally, oh, and Maggie for a little bit, then Grandpa gave Jacob the Father's blessing that he had asked for. Priesthood blessings are always such a beautiful thing.
When we got home we were starving, it was just after 7:00 and our home teachers were going to be there at 7:30. So what could we have to eat to just tide us over until after the Home Teachers leave? Well a string cheese snack and a pickle, and green olives for Grandpa. Anyway it was fast and easy, and fun. We had a good visit with our home teachers. They are great. We had a good dinner after they left of macho nachos. Then our day was winding down. It was a good day all in all.
Today, Grandpa is going to be working at the Gunshop to begin with. He needs to wipe up all the floors and put the furniture back. Then he plans to work on the outdoor stage they use for "Sunset on the Mississippi."
I am planning on going to the pool, and start on my list!
No comments:
Post a Comment