Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Grandpa has left for work already this morning. He didn't leave any earlier than normal, I am just getting started on the blog later than I usually do on a weekday morning.

Grandpa said that he was going to be finishing up the Hatch house today. He said that he is also going to be working on the outdoor bathroom at the Cultural Hall. They made some changes at NRI. They moved Dad's boss, Steve, up to the assistant boss of NRI. Joey, the mechanic that just fixed our car was moved up to the the boss over the maintenance crew, which was the position that Steve had. So now we are thinking that Grandpa will just be staying where he is. They did put him in a new job classification which made it possible to get a raise, which was nice. Grandpa isn't really disappointed because he really enjoys painting. Another change that they made is that Grandpa can only get personal calls during lunch, between 10:00 - 10:15 and then between 2:00 - 2:15.

Grandpa and I went in to see dr Joe yesterday. We discussed the horrible side effects of methotrexate. For Grandpa it was decided to give him a higher does of predisone for a longer period of time, to see if that would clear up his hands. For me it was decided to get me an appt with dr Osment to see what he feels about starting me on the methotrexate. Dr Joe's office is going to call to make the appt, so that I will be able to get in soon.

Jacob and Tally are going to be coming over today so that Jacob can vacuum out their car. It will be fun to have them visit!

This afternoon Lincare is coming to set me up with a concentrator. I know it is silly, because I already own one, but in order to have oxygen when I travel, I have to be renting a concentrator from them. Also they will be checking the concentrator to make sure it is working right, and bringing me all the tubing that I need. It will be a much better set up for me. Our insurance pays 90% of the cost and Lincare is going to write off the other 10%. It just doesn't make sense to me why the insurance company will go this route instead of just paying for the concentrator while I am in Utah!

No comments:

Post a Comment