Loved Conference! It was hard to see it end! We thought of all of you in Utah getting together for the last session of conference! It would have been great to be there!Sunday we called some friends, Dale and Cheryl, to come eat lunch with us in between the sessions of Conference. It was really nice having them over. We had that chicken and ham dish that I make, and funeral potatoes,green beans, and a five in one salad. This time I made it differently than normal tho. I used the coolwhip, sour cream, cottage cheese, orange jello, and mandarin oranges. I wanted pink miniature marshmallows, but Grandpa couldn't find pink miniature marshmallows so he got regular sized pink marshmallows and we cut them up. We put a bag of frozen raspberries in. No pineapple because Tally can't have pineapple,(originally we were going to have Jacob and Tally over, but with Jacob's schedule, it just wouldn't work). The 5 in 1 salad turned out really good. I had to use the orange jello because I forgot to buy raspberry jello. But because of the frozen raspberries it tinted it all pink and you would have never known that there was orange jello! Hey, I still had 7 ingredients in my 5 in 1 salad!

After conference was over Grandpa needed to drive out to Carthage to take care of some Bishopric business. Just as he was going to leave a huge storm hit! It was scary. He waited until it had past and then he went out. After he left I found out that we were under our first tornado watch for the season.
We have a new neighbor across the street from us, on Broadway. He is a semi truck driver. Yesterday he came into town with a refrigerated trailer that he was hauling. I didn't know that at first, I told Grandpa that I thought it was strange that his truck kept starting up. Well his truck kept starting up all night, he didn't leave until this morning at about 5:00 am. I guess this is another sound that we are going to need to get used too. When I finally went to sleep it wasn't bad it was just different hearing the truck start up again and again.

It is Monday, and that means pool day! I am looking forward to getting back in the water again!
Grandpa is out in the kitchen putting the dishes away from the dishwasher, and getting breakfast. Maggie is still in her kennel sleeping, and Buster is sleeping on the bed beside me.
No comments:
Post a Comment