Yesterday was a good day. I loved the time at the YMCA! I was actually able to go 3 miles on the exercise bike! It seems strange to be able to ride a bike, but not be able to walk very well across a room. I am finding that Lupus is really very annoying!Dad was planning on going home teaching last night but it didn't work out to go. It was really nice to have him home. Especially when I was having some of those annoying stuffs happening.
The weather here has been beautiful, tho yesterday afternoon it clouded up and started raining in the evening. Today it is supposed to be a beautiful day again, with a possibility of more rain tonight. It is nice that it will wait to rain at night so that we can have the fun, sunny days!
Grandpa is out in the kitchen fixing breakfast. I did get his "mush" done yesterday. I love the rice cooker that we got from Brian and Rangi! I had never used one before we got that one. Now I use it alot! One of the things I use it for is Grandpa's "mush". I put 3 cups of the 6 grain rolled oats, 6 cups water, a 1/3 box of raisins, a tsp salt, a tbls butter, and some honey, all in the cooker. I stir it up, turn it on, and in about 20 minutes it is done. Oh, and one of the nice things about the cooker is if you don't get right back to it after the 20 minutes it goes into the warmer mode until you get there! Okay, now back to what I was saying: After the "mush" is done I put it in a covered casserole dish and then it is ready for Grandpa to just warm up a serving in the morning in the microwave. There is probably about 4 to 6 servings. Depending on how hungry Grandpa is!
Grandpa started setting his alarm just a little bit earlier in the morning. He has decided to exercise in the mornings again. Buster can't quite figure it out. I get up and go out with him, and read from the book we are reading together, while he exercises. The first time we went out Buster had a fit. He didn't know what to think about Grandpa moving from one thing to another and was a little upset about the whole thing. This morning I didn't know if Buster was going to even come out and join us. He finally came out but decided to just sit on my lap and ignore what
Grandpa was doing. What a silly puppy!
No comments:
Post a Comment