Sunday, April 11, 2010

Good Sabbath morning everyone. Yesterday was a really fun day. We went to the sealing in the Temple, which was beautiful! After the sealing we went to a man in our wards studio. He is an artist. He does beautiful paintings. He has taken several pictures of Grandpa's head and several other men's heads here to help in a painting he is doing. I went to see the painting in it's progress. I found Grandpa right off. The portrait depicts the occasion when the prophet was in the temple and all the founding fathers of our country appeared to him and asked him to have their Temple work done. He does great work. He had some neat paintings in his gallery.

It was about lunch time then and so we were trying to decide what we wanted for lunch. We realized we were across the street from the fudge factory, (We knew we couldn't eat there) but Jacob and Tally live above the Fudge Factory, so we stood back and waved at the windows to their apt. We knew that they would probably not see us, but we just didn't want to be so close to them and not say hi. We didn't want to call because with Jacob's work schedule, we didn't want to wake him up.

We decided to go home and change our clothes. We wanted to go for a ride so that we could read our book and just be together. Because if we stayed home we would both just see things that needed to be done and then our fun day would be over. So we drove out to Carthage and went to Ziggie's to get lunch. We splurged. We ordered a medium pizza, and some chicken wings, and we even got a dessert, the chocolate, triple threat. Everything tasted great, and we loved the dessert. We had to get a box to take the leftover food in. That means I get cold pizza for breakfast!

The book we are reading right now is one written by Jack Weyland titled, "As Always Dave." We are really enjoying it and would recommend it to you to read.

I still need to get the program done for Sacrament meeting. I am feeling pretty good this morning. I am excited because that means I will get to go to church today. Who knows, maybe I will get to stay for all 3 meetings. Lupus can be a mean illness at times. But Heavenly Father blesses me so that I can be happy in spite of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment