Yesterday was a fun day. "Girls Day Out" Lisa and I just did the water aerobics at the Y. So we did about 40 minutes there. Just kind of pulled back and just did a mild workout. After the Y it was time for our hair cuts. I normally go into the Nauvoo Salon to have my hair done by Robert Saint. He is in our Ward and he always does a great job. Lisa had her hair cut recently, the cut was great, but was just a little too edgy for her. Robert just shaped it up a bit and gave her a bunch of tips on how to work with her hair. Then it was my turn. I have been growing out my hair and I wasn't sure if it was an ok length for me. I knew if I kept the long hair I definitely needed some layering done with it. So that is what Robert did. It was funny that after both cuts there was hardly any hair on the floor. But the cuts made alot of difference with us. So then we headed to the new sandwich shop in Nauvoo. I still can't remember the name. We had the "Porter Rockwell". We had them add guacamole to it. It was wonderful. We decided to get ice cream. They make your serving of ice cream right in front of you. They put the cream in a metal bowl and put the flavoring in then they go to a big tank of liquid nitrogen and spray it for bit, and then they stir it up and you have ice cream. It is really good. So it was a very fun girls day out. Lisa and I's next adventure will be Wednesday when we go to Quincy and we have our mammograms done. That might not be so fun, but it is something that we both need to get done. It is nice that Lisa likes to do this, because now Grandpa doesn't have to take the time off work to take me.When we had finished our lunch, Lisa dropped me off at NRI to meet Grandpa. The Young Performing Missionaries did a special production of "High Hopes and River Boats" for NRI. Grandpa and I went over to Great Grandpa & Grandma's house to change and to pick them up to come with us. The play was good and this year's group are very talented. I was just disappointed 'cause I kept falling to sleep!
We needed to get the movies back that we had rented and of course we had to rent some more. We watched a movie, but the DVD had issues and it kept getting stuck. We finally got it working and got to about the last two minutes of the movie and it stuck again. We tried everything even changing to see if it was our DVD player, it wasn't it was the disk. It probably took us about a half hour to finally make it thru the last two minutes. So silly, but we had to see how it ended!
Today we are going to the funeral a friend and member of our ward. Grandpa was his home teacher. He had been sick for quite awhile. He was on the list to receive a new heart, but he was just too sick and passed away. I need to make a 5 in 1 salad to bring to the funeral today.
Grandpa just left for a planning mtg for the concessions for the pageant. I told Grandpa when he left that he will probably be home before I get everything done I need to today. We will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment