Saturday, May 8, 2010

Whew! I thought that I had better hurry and write or the day would be over and I will have missed out. Last night Grandpa and I went to the video store. We rented four movies! It has been quite awhile since we have done that. We even watched three of them last night. The movies we watched last night were: The Tooth Fairy, The Prince and Me, an Elephant Adventure, and Leap Year. Today we went with Great Grandpa and Grandma Pierce to lunch at a Sandwich shop in Nauvoo. The sandwiches were really good! Grandpa had a sandwich which is called, Porter Rockwell. It is a grilled turkey and ham and cheese. Grandpa asked for guacamole on the side, we shared his sandwich and mine so that we can get variety. I ordered a Mullholland. It is a pork bbq sandwich. Great Grandma Pierce had a veggie sandwich, she really enjoyed it. Great Grandpa Pierce had a Porter Rockwell like Grandpa. They have ice cream there. It is done a really fun way. They put the cream and the flavorings in a bowl, then they spray nitrogen in the bowl and then stir it all up. We got a sample of it while we were there. We were too full to order any ice cream. After we finished at the sandwich shop we went back to Great Grandpa and Grandma's to watch the last video that we had rented which was, The Blind Side. We really enjoyed all the videos. When we finished, Grandpa had to go to a meeting at the Church that was for all the Bishoprics and Branch Presidencies in the Stake. While Grandpa was at his meeting, Great Grandpa and Grandma Pierce and I watched the video, The Prince and Me, an Elephant Adventure. It was fun watching it again but I was tired and fell asleep, I think I even snored at one point, (how embarrassing). At least Great Grandpa and Grandma didn't say anything. At one point their neighbor, who is Susan Easton Black came over to ask for their help to help her husband find where a beeping sound was coming from that has been really annoying her. They found it was a smoke detector in the crawl space that the batteries had gone dead in. They put a new battery in and everything was good, and there was now more beeping.

I really love living here, and all the opportunities we have of being here with so many good people we have to associate with. I love watching people and learning from them. I am learning so much about loving people and looking past the petty things the world judges us so harshly by. Here those things don't matter as much.

The one thing that makes it hard to be here is that I miss you all so very much. You all bring me so much happiness! I am truly blessed to be your Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment