Thursday, June 24, 2010

I am home now. Yesterday when I got off the plane and they wheeled me up the ramp, I had a very nice surprise! Grandpa got permission to meet me down at the gate! It was so good to see him!!!

The day after Grandpa left for home Great Grandma and I went over to Aunt LuJean's for a slumber party. We went over before noon to play games with all her girls. We had a really fun day. That evening Uncle Tim and Aunt LuJean, Anna and her little ones, Allison, and Great Grandma and I were all that were left at the house. We went down to the family room and watched the movie "Double Jeopardy", it was an edited edition. During the day I just wasn't feeling really well. Then as we watched the movie I started chilling really bad. If that wasn't bad enough, I then had to run to the bathroom because things were wanted to come from both ends! :( I got horribly sick and was in so much pain. Great Grandma started getting sick during the night too. :( It was decided the we just go back to Great Grandma's place. We were sooooo sick! On Friday I was beginning to feel a little better. I had something stuck in my tooth, or at least that is what I thought. I used floss to try and get it out, but had no luck. Well on Saturday when I woke up it felt like I had a horrible toothache, and my cheek was swollen. I did some rinses with hydrogen peroxide to help. By Sunday my cheek was really swollen and I had an abscess. I could feel it affecting my eye! By that time I new I needed help, so, I called Dr Joe and he called in an antibiotic for me! Uncle Robert took me over to Walmart to pick it up. I hate going on Sunday, but for something like this I know it is alright to do. Anyway I was very thankful for the antibiotic. It worked great! By the next day the abscess was almost gone.

Great Grandma wasn't getting well. Uncle Robert gave her a shot of phenergan to help with the nausea. The day I left he gave her another shot of phenergan, and started an IV. The IV wasn't in for long. Today when I called she was very tired.

Back to the day I came home. Grandpa wanted to change the way we went home from St Louis. He wanted to go to Keokuk to pick some things up we needed. Well on the way home we got caught in a horrible rain storm! Grandpa could hardly see out the windshield. Thunder and lightening was coming so strong that we felt the car shake. After awhile the storm finally let up. We were getting close to Keokuk when we noticed water going over the road. It wasn't too bad so we went further on the road. Then it got higher and alot swifter and we knew we couldn't go any further. We backed up until it was safe to turn around then we went back and went up further and caught another road that led to Keokuk. Well after we had traveled for awhile we realized we were back to the same flooded road we were just on. Sooooo we turned around and went back and up even further. This time we ended up on a really winding road that seemed to go on forever! Finally the road ended and we were just 3 miles outside of Keokuk! We picked up the things we needed and went home. It was great being home!

When we got home I went into the living room and sat on a chair. I was really quiet so that Buster wouldn't know I was there. Grandpa went in our bedroom and opened the door to his kennel. He ran out of the bedroom and straight for the dining room. Just before he got to the dining room he stopped and turned and ran right to where I was! He was very glad to have me home. He kept licking my face, and licking it!

I loved my trip to Utah, I already miss everyone!, but I am glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment