Friday, July 23, 2010


Today has truly been a wonderful day. It started out with me waking up and looking at the clock and seeing that it was just before 6:00am. I woke up Grandpa and asked if he had forgotten to set his alarm, because normally he would be leaving for work in just 15 minutes from that time. He smiled and told me he had the day off because of the 24th of July holiday! I was so excited! He got me good. He was originally going to come home early because I had a eye doctor appt. in Quincy that he was going to take me to. I had totally forgotten about the holiday! So Grandpa made us breakfast and I rested still. Then Grandpa got his lawn mowing and edging done. Buster went out with him. Grandpa put a bowl of water out for Buster. It was so hot and humid! By the time Grandpa had finished, he was wet from head to two, and had to come in and shower and change before we could go.

We left home just after 1:00pm for my appt. On the way to Quincy I read to Grandpa from the book we are reading, "Digging up the Past" We are about halfway thru the book and just trying to figure out who the real murderer is.

My eye appt went really well and the dr said that things look really good. Because my eyes were dilated during my appt they were extremely sensitive to light so I had to wear my sunglasses. It was even to light while I was still in the building and I had to wear the sunglasses, in the building, and when I was outside I had to close my eyes even with the sunglasses on or I would start to feel sick.

After my appt. Grandpa and I were both really hungry so we went to The Maya, Mexican restaurant. We enjoyed our meal and then we decided to go see "Despicable Me" I knew it was playing at the Mall there in Quincy, but I didn't know what time the movie started. We got there at 20 minutes to 5:00pm and found out the movie started at 5:00pm! We couldn't have done any better if we had actually planned it!

The movie was really fun. We loved the 3D effects. Yes really, Grandpa even enjoyed it! I know that there is a thing there to put your glasses in as you are leaving the theater so that they can be recycled, but I told Grandpa that I wanted to keep them and then if we go again to a 3D movie we would have them. I am not sure but if they work for TV, but if we rented a movie that was 3D we could try and see if they work for that! By the time the movie was over, my eyes were doing much better and I could keep my eyes open while I was outside,as long as I was wearing my sunglasses, and I still needed to wear them indoors too.

After the movie as we were walking out of the theater I noticed one of those picture booths were you can take silly pictures. I coaxed Grandpa and he finally gave in and went and got a five changed to ones so we could have our pictures taken. It was fun and after we finished it showed a video of us while we were in the booth getting our pictures done. I have always wanted to do that, but we could never find one of these booths. Now we have the pictures to prove we sat in a picture booth and had our pictures taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment