
Alot has happened since my last entry. Just the very next day I was having alot of pain in my chest. It was on the right side and not my left, so I was thinking that it might be a blood clot, or even another pleural effusion. But then I thought maybe it was nothing and I should just forget about it. The pain had actually started during the night and I wasn't able to sleep very well. So since it was even worse in the morning I decided that I had better tell Grandpa. We decided that it would be a good idea to get a Priesthood blessing. In the blessing I was counseled that I should call the doctor. So after the blessing we called Dr Joe (Tally's Dad) and asked him what I should do. He instructed me to go to the hospital. He said that sometimes women have pains on the right side when they have heart attacks. He also instructed us to go to Keokuk Area Hospital because it is closer. So we did what he asked us to do. At the hospital they took my blood pressure. It was higher than I had ever seen it! It was 168/112! They wanted to give me some baby aspirin, and I had to tell them that I couldn't take it. So then they gave me a nitroglycerin tablet. It started to bring my blood pressure down. Then they gave me a patch with a nitroglycerin paste on it. Then they told me that they needed to send me down to Blessing Hospital because they were better equipped if something were to happen. I told them that I would go and that Grandpa could drive me, but they said that I needed to go in an ambulance! Well now I can say I have ridden in an ambulance. It is not something that I want to do again. I did fine and all my tests after the nitroglycerin were normal. I got to go home after 24 hours. It was very nice to be home!
The next day Grandpa called from work and said that there was a couple that needed a place to stay while they were here in Nauvoo. Of course we were happy to have them come stay here. I started to get things ready for them. When I was in the guest room I noticed a box that had some of my wall hangings in it. There was one that I really wanted to hang. I found a spot and got a chair. I had to stand on my tip toes to get it hung. Finally after dropping nails and lots of praying to be able to finish this project, my prayer was answered and I finally got it hung.
Our guests came that afternoon. I just barely had things ready. They stayed that night and the next. The morning that they were leaving when I got up my right foot by my big toe was hurting. I was thinking like in that play that we saw "Just plain Anna Amanda", I could say, "Right toe, right toe". :) Grandpa and I thought that I might have sprained something when I was standing on my tip toes. That night I was in severe pain! It was still really bad in the morning! So since it was Friday morning I needed to call Lisa and let her know that I wouldn't be able to go to the YMCA. Lisa offered to take me to the doctor's office. When I called Dr Joe's office they said that I should just go to the ER. At the ER they took x-rays. They didn't see a break on the x-ray but they thought that I might still have a hairline fracture. The x-ray also showed that I have osteoporosis in my foot. I was given a prescription for a walker. I was also instructed to stay of my foot as much as possible, then after 3 days if it is not better, I need to have it checked again. Well tomorrow is my follow up for last Sunday's stuffs, it has also been 3 days on the foot, and it is not any better. So I will just go in and get both things checked out.
Oh, something else..... When the doctor came in to talk to me about my foot, I realized that he was the same doctor that had taken care of me last Sunday! I was really embarassed! What were the odds in that?
I just got a call from Great Grandpa & Grandma Pierce. They are going to bring me lunch in a little while. That is really such a nice thing for them to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment