Tuesday, July 6, 2010


Great Grandpa's birthday dinner went really well. It was nice to spend some time with them, Jacob and Tally, and Jay came to Great Grandpa's dinner too.

Saturday Grandpa and I went over to Jacob and Tally's. We had Buster with us. Maggie and Buster were very happy to be able to have a play date. Grandpa, Jacob and Tally and I went to eat at the sandwich place in Nauvoo. While we were gone Maggie stayed in her kennel, and Buster stayed in the bathroom in Jacob and Tally's bathroom. We enjoyed dinner and went back to Jacob and Tally's to watch a movie.

On our way home we noticed people lined up along the Mississippi. We realized that they must be doing fireworks that night so we found a good place to stop and we watched the fireworks. We learned that Buster doesn't have a problem with fireworks. I think it is funny that he doesn't mind fireworks but thunderstorms really upset him.

Sunday was Testimony meeting and I took the opportunity to bare my testimony. It took everything out of me. As I was going to my seat I got to the stairs and was concerned about going down them because I felt unsteady. Well all of a sudden I felt as though I had people helping me down to my seat. I felt very blessed.

Monday was the day that Grandpa got off work to celebrate the 4th of July. Jacob and Tally came by after Jacob's appt at the dentist. Jacob had to have a tooth pulled. The dentist office is just up the street from where we live, in fact in one of the rooms there you can see our house while you are in one of the chairs to have dental work done. After Jacob and Tally left to run errands, we also went to run errands. By the time we got back, I was totally exhausted. I really wasn't feeling well so I laied down until it was time to go to the bbq at Uncle Kent and Aunt Jane's. When I got up I was feeling much better. We went to the bbq and found our way without much problems. The funny thing we found was that we were under the impression that the bbq started at 6:00pm but actually started at 4:00pm. We found the reason for the confusion was that Great Grandpa & Great Grandma weren't able to be there until 6:00 because they were serving in the Temple. But it all worked out. It was nice to see Great Grandpa Pierce's side of the family.

Today is the first day of the pageant. Grandpa is there at the concessions. There has been alot of rain today. I hope that it clears up and dries out in time for the pageant to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment