Wednesday, October 27, 2010


Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a full day, and I didn't even get done all I needed to. I started out thinking that I would put together the chicken dish we would be eating for dinner that evening with the Sister Missionaries, and get it in the fridge to have it already to just pop in the oven when it was time. It really helps me to do this since I usually run out of steam in the afternoon. I knew that I may not have enough ham to finish, but thought I would do what I could. Jacob and Tally were going grocery shopping and while they were out they were going pick up more of the meat I needed to wrap my chicken in. I put what I was able to get done in the fridge. Next I went into the office to make a call on a statement I had received in the mail. It said that if you paid the balance within the next 30 days you could take 10% off of the balance on the statement. Well, what I thought would be a simple phone call turned into a day long project. Our hospital has a separate billing company that they use, and that is where some of the confusion takes place. When I called to see if I could take the discount, the person that I was talking to couldn't even find that amount on my account. She then told me that I owed all these other amounts! She asked if I would like to have an itemized statement. I let her know that would be really a good idea. So then I went thru all my statements that I had received thru the year and all my check copies made to the hospital. I also went online to make sure that all the checks had cleared the bank. After I had checked everything on my end I called the billing service back. This time the person that I talked, understood better my account. She was able to explain most of the totals. The balances still outstanding are from my July hospital stay. In the mail that afternoon I actually got that statement with that balance. The billing company was still confused about some of the payments and some of the totals that were showing up. I was able to decipher what those amounts were. So anyway, what should have taken about 10 minutes at the tops, took most of my day. Another thing that added to the "fun" of the day was when Jacob and Tally went to pick up the meat for what I was making for dinner and they found out that Walmart was completely out of it! So I told them what they could replace it with. Well, they were all out of that too! Finally we settled on something that would work. Whew! What a day.
So by the end of the day I had all my medical records, and all payments thru the year highlighted and organized, and we had a successful dinner with the Sister Missionaries. For dinner last night we had what I call "mock chicken cordan bleu", rolls, vegetables and mashed potatoes. For dessert we had the brownie pudding that I had made on Sunday. I had Jacob and Tally pick up more coolwhip for me while they were out shopping. I mixed a little more coolwhip in the brownie pudding to make it more fluffy, and not quite so heavy. It worked great. It seems that when we feed the missionaries everything comes together in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment