Grandpa has already left for work this morning. In fact he is probably painting as we speak. Well, maybe not right now, but he will be shortly. He starts work at 7:00 am with Prayer mtg, one of the nice things about working for the church. I think that if more companies would incorporate something like this to begin their day with, that things would run much smoother for them too. After prayer mtg. he assigns the work out to his paint crew, so they all have assignments for the day to keep them busy. Grandpa's crew consist of himself and then mostly of missionaries, who have been assigned to work at NRI. Grandpa has been given a white van to use at work, to carry all his supplies in that he uses during the day.I am hoping to be able to go to the pool to exercise this morning. If the roads are good, I will be leaving in just a few hours. This silly body of mine is really getting stiff and sore, and needs this exercise to keep it moving! :) I am so thankful that the gift of going to the pool was made available so that I could do this! I go to the pool with my friend Lisa. She picks me up just before 10:00 am. We do our water aerobics for about an hr. After that we reward ourselves with a little time in the sauna at the YMCA. Then we stop in at Roland and Nanette's, cousins of ours. They have an infrared sauna, which is supposed to be very beneficial. We spend some time in their sauna too, and also enjoy talking to Nanette while we are there. By the time I get home it is almost 2:00 pm! Our plan is to do this on Mon, Wed, and Friday's. But since we started this at the first of the month, I don't think we have made it 3 times a week yet! We have had Dr appts, and bad weather that has got in the way! But we are getting there as much as possible.
Friday was Grandpa's birthday, so on the way home from the pool we stopped at Walmart so that I could pick up all the things I needed to make a special dinner for him. I as was so glad that Lisa could do that for me, since I am not able to drive anymore and couldn't get to the store to buy all the stuff I needed to surprise Grandpa.
Grandpa was surprised, and he really enjoyed the dinner. We had salmon, and roasted veggies and potato wedges, and garlic toast. We had a chocolate cream pie for dessert. We ate dinner and watched the olympics. It was a great evening! Grandpa loved his birthday and enjoyed talking to all his kids that day!
It is supposed to be a sunny nice day today, but I just looked at the temperature this morning and it is 4 degrees outside. I just don't understand it. Ok, now this is really sad, I just checked the temperature again and it is 3 degrees. I first checked it an hour ago. I thought as the day wore on it is supposed to get warmer not colder! This is just silly, that is all I can say!
No comments:
Post a Comment